- Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Adult-Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Nursing Leadership in Health Systems
- Nursing Education
- Pediatric Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Pediatric Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
The Indiana University School of Nursing now requires all current students to complete and submit a certified background check. All current/active MSN and DNP students must submit a certified background check on a yearly basis. .Following are the instructions for all MSN students. If you have any questions, please e-mail Graduate Program
- Go to http://www.CertifiedBackground.com and click on "Students".
- In the Package Code box, enter package code: IU60.
- Select a method of payment: Visa, MasterCard or money order.The charge is $45. If you have lived in more than one county in the past seven years, you will be charged an additional $13 per county.
- Once your order is submitted, you will receive a password via e-mail to view the results of your background check. The results will be available in approximately 48-72 hours.
- The results will be available to the Graduate Program. You do not need to additionally submit anything.
The NIH Loan Repayment Program is now open for applications. These application are open to PhD students coming into the program or those currently in the program. Please see the website for more information:
NIH LRP program
Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
Since our master’s degree program began in 1945, we have been a leader, developer, and innovator in graduate nursing education. Thanks to our comprehensive and demanding curriculum, our Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) program continually ranks among the nation’s elite programs. We offer a variety of tracks that prepare nurses for virtually every area of health care as well as post-master's options and graduate certificates. Our faculty is nationally recognized for their contributions to research, teaching, and practice. Additionally, our affiliations with outstanding health care institutions guarantee that we remain on the forefront of health care trends and allow us to expose students to the latest in health care research, technology, and practice.
Nursing is a scientifically- and theoretically-based service profession. By embracing the contextual nature of practice through integration of multiple ways of knowing including critical thinking, research, reflection, and intuition, MSN graduates become expert nurses who provide holistic, ethical, evidence-based care within an interdisciplinary environment. Through the educational process, students become visionary leaders who advance the profession of nursing and influence the future of health care.
For more information about our master's curriculum, please review the specific track of interest on the right.
As the health care industry continues to evolve and our population grows older, the demand for advanced practice nurses is increasing dramatically. The MSN degree prepares graduates for leadership roles in advanced nursing, with opportunities for practice as:
- Clinical nurse specialists (CNSs)
- Nurse practitioners (NPs)
- Nursing administrators
- Nurse educators
As nurse leaders, graduates of the MSN program are prepared to provide and improve care to patients, families, and/or communities and to lead educational and complex health care systems.
For more information about the MSN program, please contact the Center for Academic Affairs.
1111 Middle Drive, NU 122
Indianapolis, IN 46202
For general Indiana University School of Nursing questions:
nursing [at] iupui [dot] edu
For general graduate program questions:
oesgrads [at] iupui [dot] edu
Graduate Academic Advisor, MSN students
lisrthom [at] iu [dot] edu