Faculty and Staff
Resources for Teaching & Learning
Indiana University School of Nursing faculty are supported by an online course coordinator, a technology coordinator, and an instructional designer who assist in course development and delivery. These professionals assist in implementing online courses in the university's learning management system, supporting videoconferencing and virtual classrooms, and designing and re-engineering online courses.
In the Resource Center for Innovation in Clinical Nursing Education, staff provide support for simulation and skills training by ensuring that supplies, equipment, and mannikins are available and ready for courses, practice, and simulations. In addition, clerical staff support faculty in the day-to-day activities of courses preparation to ensure that online courses and modules, as well as face-to-face and hybrid courses, are ready for delivery.
Virtual Classrooms and Videoconferencing
Rx PRN workshops provide instruction in topics of interest to IUSON faculty and staff including teaching and learning strategies, instructional technologies, and computing applications. Past sessions have included using clickers, tests and assessments in the learning management system, communication using Microsoft Lync, computing security, Microsoft Outlook calendar functions, and apps for iPads.
Workshops are presented during brownbag luncheon sessions, in small group discussions, and in hands-on computing sessions. The small group sizes allow for personalized attention and plenty of time for questions and answers.
Many workshops are recorded for later access or review request access to workshop archives.
- Microsoft eLearning Courses
- IT Training (classroom and self-paced)
- Ebooks (click Books 24x7 IT Pro)
- Center for Teaching and Learning's Resources
Library Resources for Nursing
- The Library Resource Guide is a one-stop guilde for locating information on nursing topics at IUPUI. It includes access to databases, tutorials for literature searching, health statistics, EndNote and APA help, and more.
- Turn-it-In (plagiarism detection service) resources include information on how to create a class, submit a paper, and view reports. IMPORTANT NOTE: IUPUI faculty must obtain a Turn-it-In account. See the Turnitin.com at IUPUI page for more information.